Robb Olexin, Becker Arena Products’ Resident Ice Expert, taught a class at the NARCE Conference this year and this is the what he hopes everyone will remember to assure a successful hockey vinyl line and logo install…
1. Gather your small tools ahead of time:
- Tape measure
- 2 small spray bottles
- 6’1″ steel wire cable for goal crease
- 10′ steel wire cable for referee crease
- 15′ steel wire cable for face off circles
- 2 Markers
- 1 Roll of string 250′
2. Place a 10′ x 10′ piece of carpet at the Ice Resurfacer entrance to keep your ice clean as you are walking on and off the ice.
3. Wrap your hose with 1/4″ yellow nylon rope if you want to prevent melting, dirty ice with little grooves in it while flooding.
4. Laminate your Rink Layout and keep it out for reference
5. Get plenty of Rest before you start